The following website may have useful information on a country’s specific entry requirements:
Planning a vacation?
For PRIVATE Real Time PCR Testing such as for travel purposes ($219 + HST which includes shipping)
Follow the booking link by clicking here.
Please allow AT LEAST 48 HOURS for test results. If LESS THAN 48 HOURS but GREATER THAN 24 HOURS, please call directly at 613-534-3777 option 5 and we will review on a case-by-case basis. We DO NOT TEST ANYONE WITH LESS THAN 24 HOURS NOTICE OR ANYONE WITH ACTIVE COVID-19 SYMTPOMS. TURN AROUND TIME FOR TEST RESULTS MAY VARY.
An official receipt can be provided for possible coverage through insurance plans. Patients are responsible for providing the proper documentation to their airline and would strongly advise patients to contact the airline directly to determine if there are any special requirements for your country of travel.
For Rapid Antigen Testing ($42.99 + HST or *Free – See Below):
We now also offer Health Canada and FDA approved BTNX’s Rapid Response Rapid Antigen Test which provides results in about 15 minutes. Some countries such as the US may accept a Rapid Antigen Test combined with our attestation letter in place of a PCR test result. Patients are responsible for providing the proper documentation to their airline and would strongly advise patients to contact the airline directly to determine if there are any special requirements for your country of travel. This test is NOT TO BE USED FOR DIAGNOSIS but as a screening tool only.
* OHIP will fully cover rapid antigen tests for staff of childcare services, elementary and secondary schools up to twice a week till September 21st 2021. Eligible patients must present a letter from their employer to qualify.
For Bookings for Ingleside Pharmacy, click here.
For Bookings for Long Sault Pharmacy, click here.
***Visit our main travel page here***
Our pharmacists can administer your travel vaccines, and provide you and your family with the health information you need to have a safe and memorable vacation. We even have a Certified Travel Health (CTH) on staff. We strive to stay up-to-date with the most recent travel health information and advisories.
Travelling is an excellent way to expand your horizons, learn about different cultures, and create lifelong memories. However, you can potentially be exposed to a number of different illnesses while abroad. Many of these diseases can be easily prevented through proper safety precautions and vaccination.
Give us a call and let us know the destination(s) of your travels. We can book you an appointment and have our Certified Travel Health (CTH) pharmacist conduct a pre-travel health assessment for you and your travel companions. Cost for the consult is $60 for 1 person, $90 for 2 people, $120 for 3 and 4+ ($25 for each additional person above 3) and takes about 1 hour. This fee includes the cost of administering the injections but not the vaccines supplies and/or antibiotics themselves. The pre-travel health assessment allows us to assess your needs based on factors such as:
- Pre-existing medical conditions
- Local conditions
- Length of stay
- Climate and season
- Type of accommodations
- Immunization status
- Activities and itinerary
- Current state of health
We will use this information and collaborate with your physician to ensure that your vacation is safe by providing:
- The necessary vaccinations for diseases that you may be exposed to while abroad.
- Preventative medications for conditions such as Malaria and gastrointestinal illnesses, etc.
- Specific information regarding other precautions that you can take while at your destination.
For more information and to book your “Pre-travel Health Assessment” and vaccination appointment call Long Sault Pharmasave at: 613-534-3777, or book now with our online booking service.
*** Please fill out the following form here before your appointment ***
We also recommend booking your pre-travel health assessment/vaccine administration appointment at least 6 weeks prior to departure. This is because some vaccines require more than one dose, and some vaccines can’t be given at the same time as others. Also, it can take several weeks following vaccine administration for you to have maximum protection against an illness.
Some Important Travel Health Tips…
- Get a pre-travel health assessment.
- Make sure you have full travel health insurance coverage for both illness and injury.
- Be prepared to acclimatize to jet lag, altitude sickness, culture shock and the effects of heat.
- Carry proof of your need for any prescription drugs (Always carry in original labelled vials).
- Take precautions with food and water.
- Wash your hands often.
- Be sure to drink plenty of safe liquids to prevent dehydration.
- Never share needles and syringes. Remember that swimming in contaminated water poses risks, including exposure to parasites.
- See your health-care provider immediately if you become ill with fever, within a year of your return to Canada, from an area known to have malaria.
- Use a sunblock.
- Remember to take your anti-malarial medication, if prescribed.
- Remember to take precautions against insects.
Some other Important Information for you before you “set sail!”
The Government of Canada encourages Canadians to follow the Three R’s of international travel:
1) Read up on safety and security, local laws and customs, entry requirements, health conditions and other key travel topics by consulting Country Travel Advice and Advisories at: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories. The ‘Country Travel Advice and Advisories’ webpage provides vital information on safety and security, local laws and customs, health conditions and entry requirements for more than 200 travel destinations. This information is also available by phone: 1-800-267-6788 (in Canada and the U.S.) or 613-944-6788.
2) Register through the Registration of Canadians Abroad service before leaving Canada, so that the government can contact and assist you in an emergency abroad or inform you about an emergency in Canada.
Registration for Canadians Abroad: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/registration
3) Reach the Emergency Watch and Response Centre in Ottawa for urgent assistance while abroad at: https://travel.gc.ca/assistance/emergency-assistance
Where can I find more information?
Please feel free to contact us for more information. You can also browse through the Government of Canada’s website for Canadians travelling abroad at: https://travel.gc.ca.